Monday 25 March 2013

My Home Town vs My College Town


My hometown and my college town have several similarities and differences. First, my hometown, Nicosia, is the capital of Cyprus and is a big town. It has a population of about 183,000 people. Located in the center of the country, Nicosia is surrounded by many acres of farmland which are devoted mainly to growing wheat and potatoes. Nicosia also contains a college campus, University of Cyprus College, which is famous for its Architectural and Economics program as well as for its annual Power of the Night Festival. As for my college town, Limassol, is smaller than my hometown, having a population of about 100,000 local residents, which swells to 113,000 people when students from nearby areas are attending the college’s classes in the center of the town. In contrast with Nicosia, Limassol lies in the southwest coast of the country which has the main dock for imports and exports of products in the country. However, Limassol is similar to Nicosia in that it also boasts a beautiful college campus, called Cyprus University of Technology. This college is well known for its Engineering and Technology department and Limassol is well known also for its yearly Carnival Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment